As witnesses of God’s love and followers of Jesus we so much wish to be a good neighbour and respond in practical ways to the needs of the people of Kidlington and the wider world. Here are some examples:
- Create a truly accessible place for the community to include support for vision, hearing, mobility, developmental and other disabilities.
- Address ecological concerns, to include energy use, support of a local natural environment, use of sustainable products
- Provide a flexible, low-cost meeting place for other local organisations supporting the Kidlington Community.
To meet this vision, we plan to
- Refurbish our main hall to be adaptable, energy efficient and fully accessible;
- Create a larger, more welcoming foyer with refreshment facilities;
- Upgrade our toilets and access to the rear hall and kitchen.
- Address interior design, vision and sound systems all to be as inclusive as we can;
- Install an air-source heat pump and underfloor heating in order to meet our climate responsibilities.
Following a period of consultations, we have an attractive plan for these developments that has received Local Authority Planning Permission.
The church has been working enthusiastically for the transformation, having raised more than £88,000 and received £60,000 from within Methodism, with a promise of another £42,000. We have also raised £91,000 from external grants. But the church still needs to raise roughly another £13,000 to reach our share of the target of £306,000.
You can help by making a donation:
You can now also support Kidlington Methodist Church on #easyfundraising! When you sign up as a supporter, 4,400 shops and sites will donate for free, every time you shop online. This includes all the big names like eBay, John Lewis & Partners, Argos, ASOS, Expedia, M&S, Just Eat and many more!?https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/kidlingtonmethodistchurch
Be it large or small, your help in achieving our goal will be greatly appreciated.
We have come such a long way towards our goal that we feel confident that detailed regulatory and design work can start immediately at a cost of about £7000. This will enable the Council, Circuit, and District to approve commencement of work promptly as soon as all the finances are in place.
Join with us to build a warm welcome, a safe space – Caring for Kidlington!
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com