Face-to-Face Worship took place on 1st November for the last time until 2nd December. A recording of that service is below. Please keep checking back here for details of when live worship will resume again. In the meantime, online worship will continue.
Here is a recording of the 1 November service:
When worship in church resumes, all will be welcome to book, whether you have been to this church before or not. Please note that online booking closes at 9pm on Fridays.
Book for upcoming services:
Sunday Worship on Sunday 6 December 2020
Sunday Worship on Sunday 13 December 2020
Sunday Worship on Sunday 20 December 2020
Christmas Day All-Age Worship on Friday 25 December 2020
We will be able to pray together and hear Bible readings and reflections. However, coming to church will not yet be quite like it was before the lockdown because we will be following a combination of legal requirements and guidance (from the government and the Methodist Church) in order to keep each other as safe as we can. Please note the following points:
- Face masks must be worn (unless leading worship);
- Social distancing must be maintained;
- Windows and doors will be kept open to aid ventilation, so the building may be cold;
- If you wish to use a Bible, please bring your own;
- There will be no refreshments, and you must leave as soon as the service is over;
- There will be hand sanitiser available, and a one-way system will be in operation;
- We will be keeping details for the Test and Trace system. It is possible to opt-out.
We understand that very little of this sounds like church as we are used to it but for the moment this seems to be the way to keep us as safe as possible if we are to resume our physical gatherings.
In the midst of all this strangeness we will still be able to worship God together. God is a refuge and a strength but God is also strange and mysterious. Perhaps in these times we may catch a glimpse of God in a new way. Our prayer is that we will indeed hear God’s message for us and our communities as we learn different ways of being followers of Jesus together.