The Pharisee and the Tax Collector
Watch on YouTube/read the Bible story online
|/quickbuild Make an object – we will tell you what you have to create and give you five minutes to work on it!
|/home Make your way into church. We will read the first prayer (laminated sheets) and listen to the story.
Refreshments are served!
|/tax You have 20 minutes or so to build something in response to the story, either on your own, or team up with others. Some ideas:
· The Pharisee thinks he does everything right, is better than everyone else, and is entitled to go to heaven. Build him a house to suit his personality.
· The tax collector knows he has made mistakes and is sorry. What is his house like? Who is in it?
· Design a skin each for the two men
· Build the scene in the temple, with the Pharisee and the tax collector, and onlookers reacting
If you don’t fancy building you can go back to the home village (/home) and read the story again in the church, or read some of the other stories in the library, or you might want to just explore the world, or work on your house.
|While you are creating, think about these questions with the adults on your table.
· which part of this story you like the best?
· what part is the most important?
· where you are in this story or what part of the story is about you?
· if there is any part of this story we can leave out and still have all the story we need?
There are many other things that can make us WONDER – what are you thinking about?
|/home Back to the church for our final prayer (laminated sheet)
|/home We’ll put some music on and let your Minecraft characters dance about using jumping or emotes!
|Free play while the adults tidy up!!